C# and VB.NET Comparison

Seeing as how my new gig will require me to root around some legacy VB.NET code, I thought it might be useful to familiarize myself with the language. Most of us has dealt with classic Visual Basic way back when and, more recently, when you peruse the MSDN documentation there's usually a C# example and a VB.NET example for each concept. So, VB.NET is not a totally foreign language.

However, I still found the following web page useful when I wanted to do something in VB.NET and didn't know the specific syntax:

VB.NET and C# Comparison
http://www.harding.edu/fmccown/vbnet_csharp_comparison.html

(And, as a bonus, there's a link to a Java and C# Comparison.)

And, since I'm not too proud to admit that I'm going to spend the morning banging through VB.NET tutorials, I'm going to share this link to a so-far-so-good set of video tutorials:

VB.NET, by Nicholas Dingle, 38 videos
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsJBMeqEdtggJi2khGAjgnQ3ssgzWw_uz

As of this writing, the playlist had been updated June of this year, so he's keeping it up to date.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Using Reference Aliases

List of Visual Studio Keyboard Shortcuts